Monday, February 25, 2019

Way of Love Devotions: Week Three

Daily Devotions for The Way of Love
Week Three: LEARN
 
  • Take 10 minutes and sit in a comfortable chair.
  • Breathe in and exhale deeply, paying attention to the motion of your breath.
  • Allow yourself to imagine God's presence surrounding you as you pray.
  • Read slowly the passage below, several times.
  • As you rise from your time of prayer, know that Jesus remains with you always.

Day One
Micah 4:2
‘Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; that he may teach us his ways and that we may walk in his paths.’

Where do you go to find and experience the presence of God in your day or week?

Prayer:
Creator God, thank you that you promise to be with me always. Help me to see and choose your
path of love.

Day Two

Psalm 90:12
“Teach us to number our days, That we might apply our hearts to wisdom.”

Do you feel rushed through your day? Do your days feel too crowded or too busy for spending
time in nature, in fellowship, in prayer or in reading scripture?

Prayer:
Loving God, help me to slow down. Help me to appreciate the gift of my life and help me to
notice your presence in my day.

Day Three

Hebrews 4:16
“Let us therefore approach the throne of grace with boldness, so that we may receive mercy
and find grace to help in time of need.”

Do you feel like a child of God, created in God’s image? Have you embraced your identity as a
person who shares the life, death and resurrection of Christ?

Prayer:
Creator God, help me to believe that I am yours and that you are my shepherd who knows my
voice.

Day Four

Matthew 13:44
‘The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which someone found and hid; then in
his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”

What treasures from God have you discovered or received in your life, work or relationships?

Prayer:
God of grace, thank you that every good and perfect gift comes from you. Help me to see the
gifts in my life and to feel your love in them.

Day Five

Matthew 13:45
‘Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls; on finding one pearl of
great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it. ‘

What are you seeking? For what do you long? What do your longings teach you about your life
and about your Creator God?

Prayer:
Loving God, thank you for your love. Help me to trust in your presence and your power in my life.
And help me to learn how to live with an awareness of your love.

No comments: