Monday, February 11, 2019

Daily Devotions for The Way of Love Week Two

Week Two: TURN
  • Take 10 minutes and sit in a comfortable chair.
  • Breathe in and exhale deeply, paying attention to the motion of your breath.
  • Allow yourself to imagine God's presence surrounding you as you pray.
  • Read slowly the passage below, several times.
  • As you rise from your time of prayer, know that Jesus remains with you always.
Day One
Exodus 3:1-4
There the angel of the Lord appeared to Moses in a flame of fire out of a bush; he
looked, and the bush was blazing, yet it was not consumed. Then Moses said, ‘I
must turn aside and look at this great sight, and see why the bush is not burned
up.’ When the Lord saw that he had turned aside to see, God called to him out of
the bush, ‘Moses, Moses!’

Can you think of a time when God called you to turn away from a daily thought,
routine or relationship?

Prayer:Loving God, help me to have eyes to see your presence and your purposes in my
daily life.

Day Two
Psalm 119: 175-176
Let me live that I may praise you,
and let your ordinances help me.
I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek out your servant,
for I do not forget your commandments.

Where are the places or relationships in your daily life where you feel lost?

Prayer:
Gracious God, thank you that you seek me out in my daily life. Help me to
remember your love and your commandments.

Day Three
2 Corinthians 4:6
For it is the God who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” who has shone in our
hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus
Christ.

Where are areas in your life or in the lives of those around you where you see
God shining light in darkness?

Prayer:
Loving God, thank you that you bring the light of your peace and love into all life.
Help me to seek your light in the silence of my days, in the scriptures and in the
sacraments of my faith.

Day Four
 
2 Corinthians 4:7
But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it may be made clear that this
extraordinary power belongs to God and does not come from us.

Where have you seen the power of God — in your life or in others — working in
ways humans do not or cannot?

Prayer:Creator God, thank you for the treasure of your love and your power. Help me to
trust you to transform my life in ways I cannot on my own.

Day Five
Luke 5:4-6
When Jesus had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Put out into the deep
water and let down your nets for a catch.” Simon answered, “Master, we have
worked all night long but have caught nothing. Yet if you say so, I will let down
the nets.” When they had done this, they caught so many fish that their nets were
beginning to break.

In what areas of your life or relationships do you feel like you are working “all
night long but have caught nothing?”

Prayer:Merciful God, help me to listen to your Word in scriptures and in sacraments and
to follow your call to try and to dare new directions for my choices and my habits.

No comments: