Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Daily Devotions for The Way of Love

Week One: A Rule of Life

  • Take 10 minutes and sit in a comfortable chair.
  • Breath in and exhale deeply, paying attention to the motion of your breath.
  • Allow yourself to imagine God's presence surrounding you as you pray.
  • Read slowly the passage below, several times.
  • As you rise from your time of prayer, know that Jesus remains with you always.

Monday
John 15:5, 11 - “Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing … I have said these things to you so that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be complete.”

Where do you experience joy in your life?

A Prayer for Today:
“God, help me to recognize and experience You as the giver of the joys of my life.”

Tuesday

Romans 12:2 - “Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.”

In what ways do you feel pressure to “conform” to the world around you?

A Prayer for Today:
“Loving God, take my heart and transform it with your love.”

Wednesday

Isaiah 55:6 - “Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon him while he is near.”

Where or how do you ‘seek the Lord?’

A Prayer for Today:
“Merciful God, give me the eyes to see and the ears to hear your presence in my life.”

Thursday
Psalm 19:7-8 - “The law of the Lord is perfect, reviving the soul; the decrees of the Lord are sure,
making wise the simple; the precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart.”

What Biblical verses or stories ‘revive your soul’?

Prayer for Today:
“ Creator God, help me to read your Word so that it might rejoice my heart.”

Friday

Isaiah 55:3 - "Incline your ear, and come to me; listen, so that you may live."

Where or when do you hear God speaking to you?

Prayer for Today:
“Gracious God, help me to set aside time in my day to be still and listen for your voice.”

(from here: https://www.edow.org/congregational-vitality/the-way-of-love)

No comments: