Friday, April 11, 2008

This I believe... (from NPR)

I heard this the other day on NPR, important stuff for us to hear and remember. It is a great series!

A God Who Remembers
by Elie Wiesel

I remember, May 1944: I was 15-and-a-half, and I was thrown into a haunted universe where the story of the human adventure seemed to swing irrevocably between horror and malediction. I remember, I remember because I was there with my father. I was still living with him there. We worked together. We returned to the camp together. We stayed in the same block. We slept in the same box. We shared bread and soup. Never were we so close to one another.

You can read the rest of his essay here.
(You can listen to Elie Wiesel read his essay by following the above link as well.)

To read more essays, you can find them here.

No comments: