Friday, March 27, 2015

Welcome to the Episcopal Church


The Episcopal Church welcomes all who worship Jesus Christ, in 109 dioceses and three regional areas in 17 nations. The Episcopal Church is a member province of the worldwide Anglican Communion.

The mission of the church, as stated in the Book of Common Prayer’s catechism (p. 855), is "to restore all people to unity with God and each other in Christ."

The 2012 General Convention established the Anglican Communion Five Marks of Mission as a mission priority framework:

·         To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
·         To teach, baptize and nurture new believers
·         To respond to human need by loving service
·         To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
·         To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth

from our national website: http://www.episcopalchurch.org/

To get a glimpse of those who are traveling with us, newly joined, check out:

On “Going Episcopal”
March 25, 2015 by Rachel Held Evans
As Searching for Sunday makes clear, I am profoundly grateful to evangelicalism and the first people to introduce me to Jesus. They taught me to love and learn Scripture, to share my personal testimony, and to deliver a flawless lip synch performance to Newsboys’ “Shine” which I am certain will come in handy one day. And I haven’t exactly “converted” to the Anglican tradition. (I’ve not even been confirmed yet!) I just happen to worship with a community of Jesus-followers at an Episcopal church, where I’ve reconnected with the power of communion and the sacraments, and where I’ve been loved mightily for just showing up, even with my doubts in tow.
She also includes links to others who have written on this topic of coming to the Episcopal Church.

Welcome to the journey with us Episcopalians!

No comments: