Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Our Missionary

I am writing to tell you about an exciting and God ordained opportunity – I am going to be a part of an Overland Missions expedition this summer in Brazil! Overland Missions is a ministry founded by Philip and Sharon Smethurst that is committed to reaching the most neglected and remote people of the world with the Gospel and empowering the third world church by raising up strong indigenous leaders. Overland Missions believes that no location is too remote and no distance too far to travel for the sake of the Gospel.

The expedition I will be a part of will start in the bustling city of Manaus, which is located in the central region of the great Amazon River. The Amazon River is the second longest river in the world, second only to the Nile River. I will be spending two weeks on a riverboat which will provide sleeping quarters, bathrooms, and a kitchen. My team and I will travel by riverboat 14 hours from Manaus to the city of Maues and the villages of the Satare Maue and the Riberirhino’s. Daily activities will consist of evangelism and ministry in these villages and churches, sport outreaches, meeting with local pastors and believers and more.

You can help by partnering with me in prayer and finances for this expedition. The total cost of this expedition is $3,200. This includes all travel costs to and from Brazil, as well as the 14 day expedition.

I will happily call to follow up with you and to see if you have any questions! Thank you for taking the time to read this. This has been something I have wanted to do for years and I am so excited the time has finally come where I am putting it into action!

With love,
Lauren Johnson

How can you help support Lauren?

You can go online and give an offering (missionary fund):

www.faithstreet.com/church/st-peters-episcopal-church-monroe-ct/giving


All missionary funds raised (before April 19) will go towards Lauren’s expedition.

No comments: