Monday, July 30, 2012

Morning Devotion with Julian of Norwich

I shared this story from "Revelations of Divine Love" with the teen campers this morning:

He showed me a little thing, the size of a hazelnut, in the palm of my hand, and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with my mind’s eye and I thought, “What can this be?” And the answer came, “It is all that is made.” I marveled that it could last for I thought it might have crumbled to nothing, it was so small. And the answer came into my mind, “It lasts and ever shall because God loves it.” And all things have being through the love of God. In this little thing I saw three truths. The first is that God made it. The second is that God loves it. The third is that God looks after it. What is he indeed that is maker and love and keeper? I cannot find words to tell.


- Posted using BlogPress from my mystical iPad!

Location:Camp Washington

No comments: