This is their mission:
The Center for Women and Families of Eastern Fairfield County, Inc. (CWF) is dedicated to strengthening women and families and to eliminating violence and abuse through education, intervention, advocacy, and community collaboration.
Each year, the Center...
* Teaches more than 7,000 children and teens about preventing bullying, building healthy relationships, and preventing dating violence.
* Trains more than 3,000 adults to prevent abuse and help victims.
* Answers over 2,000 crisis calls on 24-hour crisis hotlines.
* Assists with the civil and criminal court processes for more than 3,000 survivors of domestic violence.
* Responds to over 300 survivors of sexual assault and their families.
* Provides a safe home for more than 100 women and their children fleeing domestic violence.
* Coordinates the investigations of over 100 cases of child sexual and severe physical abuse and develops service plans for the young survivors and their families.
Today, CWF serves residents of Bridgeport, Easton, Fairfield, Monroe, Stratford, and Trumbull.