Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Guest Preacher Last Sunday


SW Region Missionary

Southwest Region: The Rev. Carlos de la Torre

Statement: I'm excited to work together on collaborative projects and initiatives in the Southwest Region. The wealth of knowledge and resources are abundant in our region but so are the challenges. I look forward to gathering as body to further engage God's mission and continue to serve God and God's people in our parishes, our region, and the world. 
 
Bio: I am a priest in the Episcopal Church in Connecticut. A native of Peru, I was raised in Westchester County, N.Y. In 2012, I graduated from Manhattanville College, Purchase, N.Y, where I majored in philosophy and world religions. That same year, I began a master's program at Virginia Seminary, Alexandria, VA. In 2015, I graduated from Virginia Seminary and was ordained a priest on the Feast of the Presentation of Blessed Virgin Mary. I have worked with parishes and community agencies in Yonkers, N.Y; Houston, TX; Alexandria, VA; Washington D.C; and in Stamford and New Haven, CT. 
 
Currently I serve as a missional curate in ECCT working with parishes, agencies, and community members to engage God's mission in new and creative ways.

No comments: