What can you do? First of all, I ask your prayers:
- for the victims, those who died and those wounded
- for their families
- for all those who have helped and are helping
- for all who protect us
- for the city of Paris, and especially our Cathedral community
- for all those whose anger, fear and hatred lead them to commit such acts
- for hope, for light in the darkness, and for peace
I think we also need to work harder to care for the flood of refugees fleeing terror in their own countries – work for immediate care and for political solutions. You will need to find your own mission in the US, but I know that it must involve continued dedication and commitment to making justice and making peace, and being a light in the darkness.
Thank you again, my brothers and sisters.
The Very Rev. Lucinda Laird
Dean, The American Cathedral in Paris
November 14, 2015
(Thank you to Episcopal Cafe for originally posting this.)