Sunday, March 7, 2010

Archbishop Desmond Tutu

There is a great Q & A in the NY Times Magazine.

You can find it here.

A new book by Archbishop Desmond Tutu, writing with his daughter, Mpho Tutu, comes out March 9, 2010, Made for Goodness: And why this makes all the difference.

There is a you tube video and mention of his book with his daughter here.
“I speak to audiences across the world and I often get the same questions. ‘Why are you so joyful?’ ‘How do you keep your faith in people when you see so much injustice, oppression and cruelty?’ ‘What makes you so certain that the world is going to get better?’

What these questioners really want to know is what do I see that they’re missing? How do I see the world and my role in it? What are the spiritual practices that uphold me? What do I see in the heart of humanity and in the sweep of history that confirms my conviction that goodness will triumph?

This book is my answer.” ~ Desmond M. Tutu

No comments: