To find an agricultural fair, visit: http://www.ctfairs.org/
For example (from the CT DOAG website):
- When you chose CT Grown, you get the freshest, highest-quality products available.
- When you choose CT Grown, you fuel your local economy by keeping your money and about 50,000 thousand jobs here in the state.
- When you choose CT Grown, you support your neighbor. You also preserve open space, which lowers the demand for municipal services, and reduces your taxes.
- The average food on an American’s plate has traveled 1,500 miles and 14 days from its source, losing precious nutrients the entire time.
- CT Grown foods are fresher and healthier. They are better tasting and better for you and your family.