Friday, December 26, 2014

Movie Review: Calvary

Just watched the movie Calvary last night.  Wow.  Where to begin?  Was it a good movie.  Yes!  Heartwarming?  No .  Left me with what?  Wrestling with the questions.

I think everyone of faith should see this because it asks of us:
  • What is faith?
  • How do you live it out?
  • What does forgiveness mean?
Synopsis (from IMDb) - "After he is threatened during a confession, a good-natured [Irish RC] priest must battle the dark forces closing in around him."

There are many fine reviews of the film, I don't need to do that.  Let me just add a few more words... Some of the characters seem over the top.  The scenery was stunningly beautiful.  Brendan Gleeson is an amazing actor and played the part very well.

No one ever said the priesthood would be easy but Wow! 

The only questions I am still puzzled over is (spoiler) who killed his dog?

Rent this film!

No comments: