Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Some articles that caught my attention...

My Take: An open letter to Kermit the Frog by Rev. Danielle Elizabeth Tumminio
Dear Kermit,

You’re right. It’s not about the building.

In your newest movie, I hear them saying that you guys are irrelevant, washed up.

But I’m an Episcopal priest and for years they told me that I and other Christians were washed up and irrelevant, too.

You see, since beginning my ministry, I, like many other Christians, have been bombarded with facts about church decline. The number of people attending church is decreasing while churchgoers' average age is increasing, and a turbulent economy means that the number of people able to tithe or even to give pocket change to churches is decreasing as well.
Read the whole thing here.

Read George Washington's letter on religious freedom here.

The People Who Hate Tim Tebow By Chuck Klosterman


No comments: